Re: aussie challenge

On Mon, 5 Aug 1996, natalie crupi wrote:
> as an aussie with her fair share of posts i thought i'd add another.
>
> i first heard about sloan on a geffen compilation yonkers ago, 'bout 2 yrs
> i'm thinkin.
>
> now a question for you guys.
>
> who do you think of when you think of australian music?
> could you guys name 5 australian bands?

Crowded House(although I heard their from New Zealand)
Midnight Oil
INXS
Silverchair
Godstar
Smudge
Ben Lee
and recently Even as We speak(I don't think many Canadians would know
this band unless they were into indiepop) also aren't the Cannanes aussies

> i'd be interested to know what this country is known for, musically speaking.
>
> and please don't post anything about INXS.

Like it or not INXS belongs to you. But then think, Canadians have Anne
Murray, Alanis Morrissette, Bryan Adams, Celine Dion(I don't disregard
the fact that they are talented in their own way, but these artists are
totally not my cup of tea).

Mike

p.s. The Canadians are going to kick the Aussies' Olympic butts!(just
joking!) :)