[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
super parrot power
i don't think anyone has reviewed the sfz's latest release, so here's my
2 cents or so about the 10"..
(i've only had one listen to the entire thing, since i don't have a
turntable, and my mind is full of useless info pertaining to my exam
tomorrow, so i apologize in advance)
the 10" itself is a nice glossy black, accented with a lovely yellow
circle in the middle. the cover has a couple of parrots, and the motif
is quite 70s...
here are the tracks on _play the game, not games_:
- green hands : sung by drew, it's the song with the "yeah yeah"-s in
it. it sounds like it's lacking spunk when compared to the live version
- ? : oops, i forgot the song title. it's a lovely tune sung by
charles. kinda on the slower side. it's lovely.
- boots : different than the "rescue us.." single, as well as the
_sticktoitiveness_ version. but it's still good. :)
- machine green : another matt murphy song. clever lyrics, involving the
word "green" in people's names. very catchy :)
- rescue us from boredom : a new version, recorded just like how charles
sings it live
- half-mast : sad song sung by matt
- sorry : wicked cover (although i haven't heard the original)! it was
recorded when they were on a radio show somewhere in the states. you can
feel the fun as well as the energy. the song then breaks into the -->
- sfz theme song : without the screeches (the oo's and ee's), like when
they were on the wedge last year
too bad they didn't put "up and running" onto the 10". i am
anxious to hear that song recorded
p.s. everyone who asked me to tape sloan radio stuff --> i am moving
very soon, so contact me so i can give you my permanent address. there's
no way i can get my mail forwarded without paying canada post, and i'm
not paying them...
carol nishitoba :) 2B e.r.s., co-op ! he said "sure"
ccnishit\!/cousteau.uwaterloo.ca ! now what?