Super Friendz gig, post-mortem.

Hey kids,

I just finished cleaning up my basement and back yard, listening to my
brand-new "Play the Game, Not Games" Super Friendz show and actually
beginning to comprehend that the band played in my very basement last night...

Anyway, I hope someone will post a more thorough review on here; I'm afraid
I didn't see much of the show after we got rained out and had to cram 50 -
60 people in the basement. (I think I kinda saw Drew from the bathroom, once
or twice.)

With everyone's donations, I almost broke even on the whole thing, and the
free 10" made up for the difference. Thanks a million to everyone who helped
out, especially the SloanNetters (Sizzleteen, Warren, Heather & Shawn) and
everyone who showed up from Toronto, London, Hamilton, and even Buffalo! I
think this shows that DIY gigs can work, and I'd be glad to help anyone else
who's doing one in the future.

Now I just have to study for that exam tonight...

patrick
t43

ps If anyone has pictures of that event, taken on a GOOD camera (ie Nikon or
Canon or other semi-professional device) please email me immediately. Chart
magazine wants to run something in their September issue, and they need a
nice photograph to run. Here's your chance to go national...
Patrick Wilkins              Proud Survivor of Shad Valley Acadia 1994
          2A Independent Studies, University of Waterloo
            Imprint Newspaper and CKMS 100.3 FM Radio
(Beautiful Music for Ugly Children -- 100% CanIndie, Sundays \!/ Midnite)
Upcoming shows: Superfriendz 10" release August 2nd. Plumtree w/Sydney on
  Sundays, Ludes, Bumblepuppy, and Henry August 29th. Email for details.