doughboys show

Hi.
Doughboys played here with Elevator to Hell,
Strawberry and Supercar on Monday.  It was
the first sell out show in a year at the
barn, coincidentally since the last
doughboys show.  supercar were great.
elevator to hell rocked (also, while on
stage it was mentioned that tara used to be
in a band called orange glass, as rick and
marc used to be in eric's trip... in answer
to whoever asked's question,i assume
this means the line-up of OG has changed).
strawberry were on as usual, although they
seem to be stuck in a melancholy phase...but
happily, they will be on tour in upcoming
months from Ottawa to Vancouver with Nerdy
Girl I believe.  And then it is off to the
studio to record an album which will be a
bit of a departure as the boys will have
more lead vocal tracks (which is great, as
those of you who have heard the band Down
know...if you haven't heard down, I suggest
you check 'em out...in my opinion,they're up
there with Merge as one of the best PEI
bands...of course they don't exist anymore).
doughboys were truely excellent.  there was
a lot of action by john kastner, who managed
to climb up to the third floor and do a bit
of body surfing mid song.

also, on another note, rumour has it there
will be another venue opening up this coming
year. it'll be larger than most places
here (in Ch'town)...seating somewhere in the
5000 (?) range?  It's not like a club or
anything, but there will be bands booked
there...of course on a larger scale.  And
there are rumours of an outdoor show
sometime in the next year too.
but who knows what comes of rumours...

Melissa