hi from taipei! (no EC content)

hi hi hi
i know, as a   veteran sloanneter that i am violating key
sloannettiquette rules here but i want to say to  everyone from taiwan,
the karaoke capitol of the world (there's literally one on every block in
a 20 block  radius of where i'm sitting right now)
tere is an amazing club called KK here that i went to that's the size of
an airplane hangar and had 2000 people there with two dj's who played
taiwantese re-m,ixes of dance and techno music. they had  spaceshipes
flying from the ceiling and stand-alonebalconies that people  climbed up
to dance on.
oh well. i haven't been able to find any evidence of a live music scene
here so far. i take swordfighting classs every day in 40 degree heat and
then go to my hee-haw level language class ;) and then we get to watch
ultra-cheesy kung-fu action movies at night to try and improve the vocab. ;)
anyway, sorry for taking up space. i miss  sloannet!
see ya,
andrea