Re: plumtree encounter!

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, Avi Cieplinski wrote:

> Hey, I was the guy with Plumtree. I am a friend of Amanda's from high
> school and beyond and I am attending U of Waterloo. They had the day off
> yesterday so I came down and hung out with them. I drove them over to the
> mall since they wanted to buy some stuff for their tour. Amanda bought
> some books to read and Lynette bought a book for her friend. I bought
> them one of those magic invisible marker game books. It was a decade of
> the 80's quiz book.
>
> They were really happy that someone recognized them. I told them that
> they were big rock stars but Amanda got embarresed.
>
> Anyway, that's the story...

Do you mean that no one else in that mall recognized them? WOW, I feel
special! I was thinking of asking for their autographs but then at the
time I thought that was too cheesy. But then the day after I regretted it
and even brought my Plumtree CD to work for them to sign just in case I
spotted them in the mall. But no such luck. Ah well, I heard that
Plumtree is play a show at the CNE in Toronto in August so maybe you'll
swing by with them to the mall again. Hopefully I'll be working that day!
Later :)

Mike

P.S. Didn't get to see Plumtree play at the Horseshoe in Toronto last
night because I had already made plans to see `Independence Day' with a
couple of friends last night. Two thumbs up. Plus the fact that I found
out about the show late(I think it was Lynette who had mentioned it the
day before) and the fact that when I checked Eye Magazine,  Plumtree's name
was conspicuously left out of the listing.