Yehaw!

Hello!  Exuse my yippin', but last night I went to the best sappy
related show in a while.  It was Sappy night last night at Call the
Office in London, Ont., and most of those on the Sappy rooster were
there (Snailhouse, Broken Girl, Moonsocket, and Orange Glass), as well
as Radioblaster and Thrush Hermit.  Here's my humble review.

	Snailhouse took the stage first.  Only a handfull of people were
in the bar when he started to play, and only several of that handfull
were listening.  I guess I might have liked it so much because I'm
familiar with his stuff (the fine cd and the sappy 7"), because not many
others seemed to care.  I thought he was great!  His songs sound even
better live.  He played a couple new ones too.  Apparently he'll have a
full length disc on sappy in the fall.  Catch him live if you can.

	Orange Glass played second.  They freakin' (and I mean
freakin'!) blew me away.  Everyone seemed pretty into them, and they put
on an excellent show.  Ron is fun to watch on stage.  This was the
second time I saw them live, the first time I wasn't too impressed with
them (the sound was so bad), but again, they ROCKED.

	Moonsocket was third in line.  It's kind of funny because Chris
(?) and Ron from Orange Glass get done playing, then they come back on
to play with Moonsocket.  Julie played with Orange Glass, than got on
stage later for the Broken Girl performance.  It was like some big scam
("hi, we're Orange Glass, buy our music."  They switch instruments and
come back on stage.  "hi, we're moonsocket, buy our music!")  Moonsocket
was so good!  The transition from acoustic one man songs to full band
electric songs worked very well.  He played some from the Accept
Fear 7", which sounded great.  The highlight was when they played
"Somebody Else's Love," which Chris announced as his country song.
It was complete with a "Yehaw!" from Chris in the chorus.  Plug me
in!!!!

	Broken Girl was next.  Because of the nature of her music, the
set seemed really long, even thought it was probably only twenty five
minutes.  Despite this it was an excellent set.  She played "secret for
Julie," after saying that it was a cover!!!  The song "so fast" from the
More of Our Stupid Noise Comp."  was such a good song.  She ended the
set with a french tune, and again I kicked myself for not sicking with
French throughtout highschool.  This was also my second time seeing
Broken Girl, and she has yet to play "beautiful."  It's funny how the
old broken girl stuff (well.. the dog love 7")  was both happy and sad,
but the new stuff is just sad... really really sad.  I dig it though,
and it's obvious she's good at what she does if it effects me so much.
I'm blabbing...

	Radio blaster was London's submission to the East Coast night.
Excellent stuff.  They played a bunch of Sugar-Shock (they played
T-Shirt, my fave!).  Excellent band live.  Everyone played A TON of new
stuff, including Radioblaster.

	Thrush Hermit closed the show.  This was my first time seeing
them, and a couple of people have mentioned that they were becoming
tiresome and old on stage,  but I was into the whole "AC/CD" act.  It
was ammusing, but it was also the first time I saw it.  They also played
a ton of new songs.  The new songs sounded great, a giant leap from
they're old stuff.  They also played a bunch from Smartbomb and GPO.  I
very much enjoyed them.  So did everyone else.

	If you're still reading this.... What a good show!!!!  At the
Merchandise table I picked up Stereo Moutain, Lousy, the new orange
glass 7" and the Moonsocket CD, thus owning the whole sappy catalogue.
The stereo mountain is a second pressing, and the inlay is really neat
looking.  Five year old girlfriend still annoys me (all that
screeching!).  I've yet to listen to the Orange Glass and the Lousy, but
it's summer and i've got all the time in the world.

				Adrian

	Buy the new moonsocket CD.  If you don't like other moonsocket
stuff, this is much different.  And if you're a moonsocket fan, it won't
dissapoint.  Good from start to finish!