Re: Hovercraft...Vedder is [or was] in the band.

 On Thu, 20 Jun 1996, Brooks Duncan wrote:

 > Heather MacEachern <maenon\!/webgate.net> writes:
 >
 > > god* he is and all, hmmm...if any one finds any truth in this...let me
 >
 > I don't think Eddie Vedder is really in Hovercraft, but his wife is.
 >
 > Now back to your regularily scheduled EC content...
 >
 > Brooks Duncan                                    Victoria, BC Canada
 >            I really believe all the things I say to you
 >                It's just that none of them are true.
 >                 http://www.islandnet.com/~bduncan/

 Brooks Duncan and all those interested,

 It's long, but there is a point and it does pertain to Mr. Vedder.

 	I saw Hovercraft and Foo Fighters open for Mike Watt when he
 played Toronto, ON.  When Hovercraft played they played on a very dark
 stage and showed footage of grainy 50's movies and documentaries on a
 big back-drop screen (more of a sheet really).  The drummer was wearing a
 coat, a Storm Trooper t-shirt (which he picked up from a guy on the
 street in front of the venue), a toque and sunglasses (it was summer so
 he was immensely over dressed).  After HC finished, Foo Fighters Came on
 and then Mike Watt came on.
 	The guitarist was the same fella with the toque and sunglasses.
 When said fellow began to sing back up on a few of the songs, it became
 apparent that it was Eddie Vedder.  A couple of knobs who showed up on
 the rumour that Eddie would be there began to shout "EDDIE .... EDDIE ...
 WE KNOW IT'S YOU EDDIE!!!"  This was very distracting to Mike Watt who
 stopped at the end of one song and said, "Shut up! I'm not used to being
 the front man and you're fucking me up [referring to the fact that he had
 forgotten the words in the previous song]."  He then said: "Go on scream
 your head off, get it over with now so we can play!"
 	The screaming persisted and Eddie eventually removed the
 sunglasses and the toque to reveal his true identity.  When the knobs
 resurfaced and started shouting his name, he replied with his typical
 I-don't-wanna-be-a-rockin'-roll-star-attitude.  He said "Fuck off."
 	The point here is that Eddie (at least for that night) did play
 in Hovercraft.
 	An interesting aside:  the fellow selling those Storm Trooper t-shirts
 outside Lee's Palace made a killing.

 ...Tom Gale
 tgale\!/julian.uwo.ca