Re: sloan in melody maker

Yeah, it kind of makes sense that british bands might be into the sloan
sound cause sloan are definitely influenced by british bands, among other
things.  I know we already covered the Ride and the MBV influences but I can
also hear some Boo Radleys, High Llamas and Stereolab in there.  What do you
guys think?

>On the same topic of british people being into sloan, I seem to recall the
>mention of sloan, or jale, or eric's trip (I don't remember which) in one of
>those british "VOLUME" CD compilations.  Some british band put in their
>liners that their was a cool scene happening in Halifax.  I also remember
>that whatever band they were talking about, they spelled the name wrong.
>

>>On 17 Jun 96 at 19:28, shawnm\!/webgate.net wrote:
>>}I actually have a Melody Maker in which smeared gets a favorable review
>>}which is surprising considering that melody maker hates almost every
>>}non-british band.
>>
>>Are Sloan a non-British band?
>>
>>OK, maybe Smeared wasn't so British, but OCTA should rate highly with
>>them.
>>
>>Andrew
>>--
>>"I stayed in school this long but still no one will tell me why..."
>>                                          -- Sloan, "Autobiography"
>>Andrew P. Rodenhiser,  Ph.D. student,  Colloidal Physical Chemistry
>>Dept. of Chemistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax NS Canada B3H 4J3
>>http://ac.dal.ca/~aproden/home.html
>>

> Heather           heather\!/globalserve.on.ca
>
>    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
>                               -Willy Wonka
> __   __  __    __      ___ ___
> | \ /  \ | \  /  \ |  ||   |   |\ |
> |_/(    )|_/ (    )|  ||-  |-  | \|
> |   \__/ |    \_\/ |__||__ |__ |  |

Alex
*******
alexandra sarah mlynek                     *                *                 *
amlynek\!/interlog.com            *                   *                 *

"Maybe magic is just love.  Maybe genies are what love would be if love
walked and talked and lived in a lamp.  The wishes might not come true the
way you think they will, not everything will be perfect, but love will come
because it always does, because why else would it exist and it will make
everything hurt a little less."
                                                     Francesca Lia Block
*******