Re: Sloan vs. The Beatles

On 15 Jun 96 at 15:08, cklutz\!/buffnet.net wrote:

}someone who posted a newspaper interview with the band, didn't jay say that
}"we are showing appreciation towards the Beatles for the work they did."???????

No, I think their "official" stand is that they appreciate the way
the beatles recorded.

"It's more an appreciation of the way they recorded.   Their records
sound beautiful to this day." -- j.f.

Although, as they noted on a Much Music interview, you almost have to
deliberately use outdated recording technology to get that sound.
Hopefully no slight intended toward Lawrence Currie and Idea of East.
:)

Andrew