Re: This is risky, but something had to be said...

That's all for today kidz.

"Awww...".  The collcetive sigh was heard across the 'net.

>I don't fully agree with this. We should listen to an album with an open
>mind, but... I don't think that many people like sloan's new release
>only because they like the band or the band's previous work. I think it
>would be hard to force yourself to like something that wasn't good.  If
>this was the case, if we all had blind faith or loved anything a band
>released simply because we like the band, we would all like Smeared as
>much as we like Twice Removed (which isn't how I feel).

If this is really how you feel, and only you would know, then that's totally
cool.  Historically, however, teen dream bands have usually been followed by
doe-eyed teenage girls who really aren't paying attention.

>I'm never going to buy an album by a band I love and think "I
>don't know if I'm going to like it, I haven't heard it yet!"  Why would
>I take the risk of buying it then!

For that reason alone.  Taking a chance.  I heard the Sloan singles on the
radio, didn't like them, and still bought the album because it needed to
given a chance.  I don't write things off before I actually listen.

>And as for the Smeared vs. Twice Removed and OCTA issue...
>Smeared borrowed much more from the whole grunge scene than Twice
>Removed borrowed for anything.  Twice Removed sounds much more unique an
>album than Smeared does.

Smeared owes nothing to the "Grunge" scene, whatever that is.  They sounded
nothing like Nirvana, the jumpin' Purl Jamboree, Soundgarden, Alice in
Chains, and the rest of the list of bands that had nothing to do with each
other outside of location.  If you want to name names, look at My Bloody
Valentine.

Geneyus.