A second listen...

psavage\!/toronto.cbc.ca (geneyus) writes:

> Superfriendz t-shirt.).  All of you kiddies who may not be familiar with the
> Beatles' material, (particularly Revolver, Rubber Soul and Abbey Road)
> probably think this stuff is uniquely Sloan's.

  I don't think that *anyone* thinks that "this stuff is uniquely
  Sloan's". In fact, the band will be the first people to admit this, I
  would think. However, given the fact that hardly any music these days
  is truly original, I figure it's not what you use, it's what you do
  with it. I think Sloan has written some fantastic songs on this album,
  and rather than simply ripping off the Beatles, they've put their mark
  on the material. (ie Autobiography.. there aren't many other people
  who could write lyrics that fucked up and still pull it off :) ).

  I've said it before and I'll say it again: There are a lot worse bands
  that Sloan could be influenced by.

  -Brooks, who checked the O.R. and likes it so far.

--
Brooks Duncan                                    Victoria, BC Canada
           I really believe all the things I say to you