A second listen...

My Dear Sloan-net,

Picked up a copy of "One Chord to Another" and gave it 100% of my attention
over the last couple of days.  Though I think the disc is well produced, I
can't get past what they obviously lifted from the Beatles ("Oh God, is he
starting that Beatle thread again", sighed a disgruntled teen in a
Superfriendz t-shirt.).  All of you kiddies who may not be familiar with the
Beatles' material, (particularly Revolver, Rubber Soul and Abbey Road)
probably think this stuff is uniquely Sloan's.  It's not that it just has a
Beatles' sound, they've lifted actual parts.  It amazes me that Andrew is
allowed to get away with Ringo's patented drum rolls without someone batting
an eye.  Even Oasis manages to keep away from them...well...sort of...

Last night I put on my copy of Smeared and remembered what I loved them for.
I'd say it's time for the boys to take a left turn off Abbey Road and keep
driving until sundown.  There's a real Sloan album waiting in the promised land.

I've already got Revolver and it's my favorite Beatles' album...Geneyus.