snailhouse question

I just got the new Derivative Records Spring 1996 mailorder catalog which
mentioned a new Snailhouse 7-inch  on Sappy Records and in the
description it said Snailhouse was a solo outing by a member of Wooden
Stars which I wasn't aware of. I've seen Wooden Stars play live once and
I though they were quirky and creative although a little less
pop-oriented than I'm used to. I've heard Snailhouse is suppose to be
quieter and more subdued. Could anyone give me a better description than
this about Snailhouse? Does Snailhouse sound similar to any other
artists? Thanks in advance for any forthcoming info. :)

Mike

ps.
just a couple of reminders

May 25- Realtime Live Concert - Jale
June 2-Mucheast - premiere of new Plumtree video