Re: specifically Re: EC bands and social conscience.

On Mon, 13 May 1996, Groovy Goddess wrote:

>   Being in a band does not make one obligated to speak up on social
> issues.  At least no more obligated than you or I.  Sure, better things
> could have been done with those condoms.  Why didn't you offer to collect
> the extra ones and take them to the next planned parenthood event?  We
> can't keep blaming other people because the world isn't perfect.  Talk to
> Greg Clark and see why he doesn't have more benefit shows, or collect
> food at the door if you really think Birdland is an appropriate forum for
> social issues to be raised.  If his answer doesn't suit you, then I look
> forward to seeing you grabbing the microphone from some *apathetic* band
> during their set and *enlightening* us all.
>
> -GG
>
> ps/  This is way off topic, but have any of the females noticed that they
> sort of get pushed out of the way in mosh pits instead of being treated
> like the next guy.  It's happened a few times, and I find it quite annoying

hey, maybe the bands should stop playing when this happens and yell at
the guys in the pit for doing stuff like this, then everyone would find
it annoying and maybe something might get done about it.
   "...this aint no scully party!"-Ritche Perez(potatobug)

TED