Re: weirdness/unsubscribing

On Wed, 8 May 1996, geneyus wrote:

> >matthew sweet sounds sort of like the odds.
>
> Sorry to be nitpicky, but I think I'd put this the other way around.  The
> Odds could only hope to string together a song that could match anything
> Matthew Sweet has written.  All pop should be as beautiful as the songs on
> "Girlfriend". And for the record, both of these bands owe an awful lot to
> Alex Chilton and Big Star.

I find Matthew Sweet to be too-mainstream sounding...IT sounds as if he's
just writing his songs because he knows they're catchy...You like them
but at the same time yoiu want to hit him...I mean, I have GIrlfriend,
but I must admit it hasn't been listened to in a while...
On the other hand, Odds just mix their Beatlesque harmonies and pop
songcraft with really good, witty lyrics, and I'm definately a lyrics and
melodies kinda guy...That's why I like Sloan...I mean, DOmesticated Blind
and Wendy Under the Stars are just totally beautiful songs...

pablo

   Jon A. "Pablo" Roren            	"Once in a while there's this
   jroren\!/village.ios.com	    	girl I don't know in my dreams.
					SHe reminds me of a lot of
					people, and she's someone that
					I never see...and she's perfect."
						-Built To Spill