Re: late 60's/chris' voice

>Jay--Definitely John.  No other Sloan member shines quite like John did.

This statement is the most accurate I've read, however I would extend this
sentiment to the whole band.  Sloan is a great band but..."God, give me
strength to say this here"...they can't match the Beatles.  I'm sure even
the guys would shy away from that comparison because it's pretty weighty.
Sure, it's flattering, but I think most bands would rather get by on their
own merit, not their forefather's.

The Beatles have quite a history and have influenced many, Sloan (obviously)
included.  Only time will tell if Sloan will become one of the elite few.
Til then I'm sure they're simply content to make great music.

Lovingly,

Geneyus.