b/w

hello,
i know that this is probably a silly question, but since the list is a
little slow right now i'll ask it.
what does the "b/w" mean on seven-inches. i know it means "with," but
what is the "b" for? is it "b-side/with"?
thank-you very much,
lisa c-w.

p.s. the band i'm in made a 7 song tape on a four-track. if you want it
you can send $3-$4 or a trade to me, lisa chen-wing c/o 502-67 Sydenham St.
Kingston, ON, K7L 3H2. we were mentioned in this month's chart's kingston
scene report. yay! (oh yeah, we are a trio and play simple music)