Re: 10lbs - corrected

>                        kinda below
>>you should never rely on other people's jokes
>>cause I fill up with pride
>>and live my life in the hopes
>>I live my life in the hopes
>

>Isn't it "....LAUGH at other people's jokes..." ? Wouldn't that make more
>sense lyrically ?
>
>        Although, that's just what I hear, and know that there HAS to be a
>more definitive answer.....

ya, you're right...  upon closer inspection, that's definitely what
they're singing...

So the more accurate lyrics are:

10 LBS
======

I thought the radio song was my draw
the more the house bought
the deeper you fall
but you weren't there for brutes or borrowed ties
you were there for your friend
not the one on the rise

I wish we were contemporaries when we went through school
'cause I'd have hung around and walked you home from school

your friend's the actress
don't lose 10 pounds too
'cause you are as pretty as pretty times two
as pretty times two

you take the hiway in and you take it home
and I walk through pattern blocks kinda below
you should never laugh at other people's jokes
cause I fill up with pride
and live my life in the hopes
I live my life in the hopes

but she doesn't come alone
she comes with a friend
and that means you
you''ll come around
so bells ring and whistles blow
at least I'm alive
at least I'm alive

transcribing lyrics is pretty much an iterative process...  too bad
artists don't print their lyrics more often!

gotta go
me