Re: new murder full length

Neal et al.,
           The  Richard Davies LP is a sparse pop album along the
lines of " ..the Phil Spector induced sounds of Let It Be, Hunky Dory
-era Bowie,late 60's Bee Gees and The Kinks." (straight from the
bio,dudes.) This is an LP that we are licensing from a label called
Flydaddy  in Seattle. Richard is from Australia and was involved in 2
other seminal \ obscure bands...The Moles (who released a handful of
Lps and singles in Oz and the UK as well as their final LP Instinct
on Flydaddy) and the record that received the most underground
attention, the self titled Cardinal LP which was collaboration with
Eric Matthews (who released his debut solo LP on Sub Pop last fall).
The Cardinal record is very lush in its production but Richard's LP
is a bit more sparse (more acoustic guitar, piano,tambourine and
trumpet) but no less gorgeous. Fans of Nick Drake and Syd
Barrett,aside from the forementioned influences, will probably dig
this record too.
    I saw Richard Davies play last September at the CMJ conference in
NYC and his backing band was The Flaming Lips. It totaly blew me
away. Apparently he has only played a couple of shows over the past
few years. He's gonna tour for this record, though no Canadian dates
yet.
    I know this doesn't really have any east coast content, but I
just wanted to let some folks know about this awesome record that we
here at murder have the good fortune to release.( It's also gonna be
available on super heavy ass vinyl with a beatiful gatefold sleeve!)
   Thanks,
                Jay F.