Re:Asians and indie rock

On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Cat wrote:

> But a cruel fact is that Drew, with the exception of that girl from
> cub (I'm sorry!  I can't remember her name!!!)  there are very few
> orientals in bands.  Um, I really can't think of anyone else, othere than
> my cousins who were in bands, or one cousin who currently is.  I mean, is
> it something about us that is uncool, or unhip and we just can't groove?
> Or is it that the cool type of music is the syth-dance crap stuff that I
> find a lot of orientals are into.  I rather think that my choice of music
> is at least healthier.  Besides, they all dress up all posh and
> stuff, trying to be real cool.  Any ideas people?  Just a thought...

Other Asians in bands :

Sally Lee(Venus Cures All)
Marites(Radioblaster)

and then Stateside

Richard and Ed Balayut(both of Versus)
Soo-Young Park(Seam)

and a bunch of other bands who were included on a CD compilation of bands
which had Asian-American(or Canadian) members called `Ear to the Dragon'.
It included bands like Venus Cures All, Cub, Seam, Versus, etc.

Mike