Re: Anyone ask this yet

Cool..when I was 1 and I went to summer camp, i had a friend named
Mitch.  i started calling him "Sad Child" cuz he was all poopie and
homesick and was slow at catching on to things.  Soon the whole cabin was
calling him "sad child".  Finally, after a few days of us harping on him,
he turns to me and asks, "Why do you guys keep on calling me Sachimo?".
Then you tell me this Sloan story..almost the same thing.  Its like
Alanis says..."Did she go down on you in the thea..." no, whoops!  wrong
Alanis quote. I meant to say "Isn't it ironic." Great, now here comes the
scores of hate-mail over me jokingly using an Alanis quote.  I did not
mean to do it!

On Sat, 13 Apr 1996, mMhatt wrote:>
> Wow! Another weird thing! I saw Ferris Buhler's Day off the other day, and I
> noticed the same thing.  The way I heard the story was (and please correct
> me if I'm wrong) Sloan got their name from a friend of theirs who they call
> Sloan, short for "Slow-one".  Now I'm just a stupid fan who believes
> everything he hears, so I have no idea how accurate that story is.
> -mMhatt

"Slack is good." - J.R. "Bob" Dobbs, Church of the SubGenius