Re: Superfriends !!

>  Okay, other orientals in bands...only one I can think of is the girl in
Venus cures All.  Of course there's those amazing swingers in Pizzicato
Five, but they live in Japan so I guess that doesn't count.  There was this
big tour across Ontario (perhaps even Canada) last year for bands with any
oriental members from Ontario called Eye of the Dragon, or something like
that.  BUt the only band I knew on the list was Venus Cures all, so there's
is basically a handful of oriental rockers in Ontario.

Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 17:07:46 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Cat <conodera\!/uoguelph.ca>
>Subject: Re: Superfriends !!
>To: Waye Mason <aa551\!/ccn.cs.dal.ca>
>Cc: Sloannet <JRCOVEY+sloan\!/ac.dal.ca>
>
>> Poor Drew...  Jen Adcock, his significant other, was telling me that
>> he'll show up for shows in larger metropolitain areas and southeast asian
>> kids will be like "its great to see more of us up there" and young
>> southeast asian women being him sushi and such... when what he's really
>> thinking is "Hey man, bring me a burger..."
>Gee...  I wish he would _SAY_ something!  Every time I meet up with the
>band I end up giving them Japanaese food cuz the first time I met him it
>was like "Cool!  I haven't had this stuff in such a long time.  Wow!
>This is great!" and he wasn't fake about his enthusiasum either.  I'm
>hurt that all he really wanted was a burger or a beer or something....
>
>But a cruel fact is that Drew, with the exception of that girl from
>cub (I'm sorry!  I can't remember her name!!!)  there are very few
>orientals in bands.  Um, I really can't think of anyone else, othere than
>my cousins who were in bands, or one cousin who currently is.  I mean, is
>it something about us that is uncool, or unhip and we just can't groove?
>Or is it that the cool type of music is the syth-dance crap stuff that I
>find a lot of orientals are into.  I rather think that my choice of music
>is at least healthier.  Besides, they all dress up all posh and
>stuff, trying to be real cool.  Any ideas people?  Just a thought...
>

>> I don't think Karate man is about Drew... :)
>I once knew...  Hey cuz, any ideas??
>
>Later,
>
>Cat  :)

 Heather           heather\!/globalserve.on.ca

    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
                               -Willy Wonka