Re: Superfriends !!

On Thu, 11 Apr 1996, Cat wrote:

> But a cruel fact is that Drew, with the exception of that girl from
> cub (I'm sorry!  I can't remember her name!!!)  there are very few
> orientals in bands.  Um, I really can't think of anyone else, othere than

check out the year of the dragon comp. that came out last year.  it had
lots of asian-friendly bands on it, and there was a tour that went along
with it.  aMINIATURE, venus cures all (likewise chickenmilk), the
aforementioned seam and versus (both of whom kick great amounts of ass),
and many many more.

um, dambuilders and pest5000 come to mind (i don't know if they're on the
comp.)

on an ec tip: kearney lake rd, 100 flowers and now the euphonic have all
been graced by the throbbing bass pleasure of henri sangalang.  he is one
damn fine player.  also andy kim, drummer of tetrus, stone delta, infra
dig and preppy relatives (briefly).  he's damn good too.

mc

ps - indie rock is overwhelming white and male, if you think the number
of asians in bands is disproportionate, try thinking of indie rock bands
with blacks or any other ethnic group.  it's kind of scary, the numbers
are very low.