be gentle

if i'm going to get flamed-oh f'n well-

just a couple things-none of them particularly e.c related-1st-even if there
was an another *can-indie* list-how many of you people would be subscribing
to both anyways & having ot go through all the same mail no matter
what-loosen up

2nd-maybe it's just the variety i find here in the u.s.a (i reside in chapel
hill, NC)-but why is every(with the exception of the grooves laid down by
whover the bassist is for luscious jackson & michelle n'dege ocello-or
whatever HER name is) female bass player i've heard nothing short of
TALENTLESS-it just seems to be *ohh let's have a chick in our band-it
shouldn't be too hard to find one who can keep a steady beat*-i'm not
knocking on women in any way as a whole-or saying they can't have any
artistic merit just the american bass playing variety blow really hard-if
anybody would like to send me (i'll pay ya' don't worry)-some examples of
some true inspired talented dynamic whatever female bass playing to change my
mind i'd love it to high heaven-& of course not to say all male bass players
kick ass or something-the oh so loved chris murphy has the same *well i can
keep a beat* style too-oh well-

if you want to hear some drum playing that just rides the music through &
through-check out capsize7's album *mephisto* (in response to another thread)

-alan