Re: Superfriends !!

hey,

since no one's asking but i feel like posting, let me tell you all about
the two super friendz shows last week in vancouver :)
they played arts county fair at ubc on thursday, after making a brief
appearance on Brian Wieser's radio show on CiTR and conversing with
Nardwuar the Human Serviette (Sloannet actually came up in the
interview!) They were opening for Ashley
MacIsaac and they were BY FAR the most impressive band out of the five
(that included the pursuit of hapiness, bass is base, and the barstool
prophets) in my unbiased opinion. Charles was wearing these huge bug-eyed
sun glasses and matt asked him if he got them from the guy in oasis. They
also said "We usually can't rock until after dark, but today we're going
to rock at 1:30!" And they did :)
Their set was pretty short, and they played a mix of old and new songs
and told us about the new video they just finished shooting.

Then they played at the Starfish Room on Saturday with Molly's Reach from
Edmonton (?) who were pretty decent, and a local band called Back Room
Shag, who i don't think were very decent. Matt Murphy worked merch for all
the bands...I got to speak with Drew and he said they weren't coming out
for Music West because they'd be recording then; new album and new 7".
They have a fabulous new song called "Green Machine" that they played
both shows - i've only heard it twice and i think it's my favorite super
friendz song...

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Darryll Hobson wrote:

> I saw the Superfriends this past weekend, and it caused me to wonder if
> anyone else out there thinks that Drew looks TOTALLY like Brandon Lee ?!

i have never seen the crow...isn't it about a rock star?

anyway, i hope this is up to snuff in terms of ec content, because it's
about as east coast as the west coast ever gets ;)
-andrea