list mechanics (was Re: sort of mean)

remember that cramps record?  here it comes...

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, geneyus wrote:

> >hey,
> >
> >i know this is sort of mean and it's not something i like to do ever, but
> >shut the hell up about kurt cobain, this has nothing to do with the east
> >coast scene, apart from andre's post which actually put things into
> >context. save it for another newsgroup.
>
> Hey...why don't you show a little respect.  I thought people came to
> Sloannet because they wanted to speak with like-minded individuals.  I'm
> sure whoever posted this originally loves the east coast thing, but needed
> to get this off their chest.

no, people came to sloan net because they want to talk to me.  close
minded neo-hitlers.  oh, yeah they also want to talk about (*duh*) good east
coast independant music.  this, waye, is why no one wants to talk about
sandbox and co.  also because they are a regional embarrasment.

maybe if they had added it in a "ps" to a relevant post, no one would
mind, but inspiring an entire insipid thread devoted to this is sheer lunacy.

direspectful to "the list" and to the "like-minded people" on it.
posting something so completely off-topic without any attempt to put it
into a maritime context is just stupid, and the fact that people keep on
doing it, after countless angry posts from list members is just rude.  so
shut the fuck up.

> >and second, shut up about scratching post unless they have recently moved
> >to the east coast or played a show on the east coast. i hope you realize
> >that by constantly bringing up these irrelevent topics you may in fact be
> >alienating people who might have been potential fans. personally, if i
> >never hear about scratching post again, it will be too soon.
>
> Your intolerance is nothing short of fascist.  Sure, this is primarily about
> the east coast, but shouldn't we be able to share other preferences as well.
> Would you prefer to exist in a world who's soundtrack is made-up solely of
> Maritime music.

your stupidity is nothing short of breathtaking.  what is this list
about?  gee i don't know .. why? because i am lame.  i am a fucking moron
who can't figure out his ass from his mouth.  east coast discussion list
= east coast bands.  i would like to exist in a mailing list whose topic
is east coast bands.  i don't give two shits about what the fuck is
happening at lee's palce next week, and if i did, i could read eye weekly
or now any other TO rag.  please spare us from your sactimonious
bullshit, and don't you DARE talk dowm to anyone.

> >ps/ i'm only bitchy because we just had our annual general meeting.
> >tomorrow i'll be nicer. unless there's a post about scratching post.
>
> Nothing like blaming your bitchiness on some exterior force.  Grow up.  Not
> everyone treats people badly because they've been having a bad day.

not everyone has the single-handed ability to lower the collective IQ of
a mailing list by 50 points with one post either.  by george, i think
you've done it.

mc

ps - fuck off