Re: Speaking of Cool Blue Halo...

On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, Speed Racer wrote:

> The first band to play that night was 'Shine Factory', who I'd never heard
> of before.  I was quite impressed with what I heard.  Does anyone have any info?

shine factory used to be called "stone child" but they changed it.  they
have a cassette out called "pop art" or something like that, and has the
campbell's soup can a la warhol cover schtick.  they did really good
covers of beatle's songs at the tribute night (tax man, drive my car,
helter skelter).  the drummer and the guitar singer are brothers (matt
and somebody...), and i went to summer rock with them back in the day.
good power pop/punk tunes, very expensive gear.  no real exposure or
following, besides the occasional gig at birdland, and a lot of ole
shows.  i think that they are a part of the whole harbour master/deep
nine scene (andthose cd compilations...), but i couldn't say for shure
(sm-57).

mc

more shit than your average sandwich