Re: purple blue/drums

On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Richard S wrote:

> the best part about the CD, once you get around the really cheezy guitar
> riffs ET used for most of the CD, are Mark's drums.  THeya re so damn
> brilliant!  I forget the song name, its one of the first ones on teh CD.

i was just thinking about this yesterday.  i think the drums are
definately the best thing about ET.  besides the drums the only thing
half interesting _are_ the cheesy beer commercial guitar riffs a la
"spaceship opening"(i think).

i have gained a greater appreciation for drumming of late, in the past i
haven't really given "the beaters of the skins" much credit.  but after
listening to hendrix's "axis: bold as love", i said to myself, "geez,
jeremy, mitch really adds to the experience.  that dude really has it
goin' on".  i had arrived.

anyone know any albums with spectacular drums that might cool my loins?

jeremy

p.s.  does anyone know who the guy with a big drum kit (and big hair)
and dinosaurs in his video who did a cover of del shannon's "runaway",
circa 1985?