Re: A buncha stuff....

Date:          Thu, 04 Apr 1996 12:53:46 -0500 (EST)
From:          jrocchi\!/julian.uwo.ca (James)
Subject:       A buncha stuff....
To:            jrcovey+sloan\!/ac.dal.ca

        1) So, did Thrush Hermit wind up doing anything signing-wise
definitively with Elektra ? Or is it all still a fine vapour of rumour? Or
is it in that awkward phase of inevitability that can last forever ? And
who have they been recording with ?
Thrush hermit i think are signing to Electra today!! They're
rehearsing heavily for a recording they want out by the fall.
        2) Are there definitive tour dates for Sloan as of yet ? A
definitive release date ?Or is that all To Be Determined ?
Sloan don't know their ass from their elbow but wiil see y'all soon
        3) What's going on with Al Tuck ?
Drinking booze and lifting weights
        4) And, while asking this feels like a subtle betrayal of some
higher philosophical point, is there a tape anywhere of "Lil' Orton Hoggett
" ? I can't get those damn songs outta my head, esp. "Stay all Night (Stay
a Little Longer). (And if we didn't betray subtle points of principle now
and then, what fun would life be ?)
Stay all night/Whiskey River (medley) is taken from a Willie Nelson
live album I'm sorry to say but get that record. It totally turned me
on to counrty playing. Willie is the best guitar player.
        5) Christ, aren't I just chock full of questions ? And is there a
State Champs Full Length en route? ( ...... the 7" is sorta cool... )
The State Champs are the next big thing. M. Mullane is a dreamboat
waiting to happen.
        Just Axing,                                         Just tellin'
"Against The Grain"                                "I can't think"

        James                                                  Chris

Murderecords Box 2372 Halifax Central Halifax N.S.
B3J 3E4 Canada. e-mail: murder\!/ra.isisnet.com