six degrees of thrush hermit

hey everyone, and especially mary at impact... :)

i was reading the march issue of impact and noticed something sorta
relevant here in an article about one of the coolest american bands,
everclear.

and i quote, without any sort of permission, "...while the Portland,
Oregon, band hasn't yet made as big an impact up here as they have in the
US, guitarist/singer/songwriter Art Alexakis has a warm spot for the true
north - especially the eastern climes [but really, who doesn't? :) ]

"I know about the Halifax scene," he says. "I really like Thrush Hermit.
At one point I wanted to produce them, but they weren't ready to make the
leap. I felt they should make a record really cheap, put it out on the
college level and tour like crazy."

That's pretty much what Alexakis did himself...." blah blah blah....

well. six degrees of separation or somethin'..... :)

tara

--
"Marmalade...marmalade,
 Tell me a story, help me forget I'm gone,