Re: and another thing...

bduncan\!/infoload.islandnet.com (Brooks Duncan) agreed;

}"James R. Covey" <JRCOVEY\!/ac.dal.ca> writes:
}> shows are over at midnight or not long thereafter.
}> in halifax, they go 'til 2:30 a.m.!
}
} That's how it is in Victoria too. Before Harpo's changed over to a
} Blues-type bar, they would never let the bands start playing until late,
} to make sure that they played all the way until 2:30am, therefore
} stretching out alchohol sales. Bleck.

And at the same time, they close the kitchen in most showbars at 9-
10pm.  Wouldn't you like to have a big plate of wings at 1:30 am,
just before the headliner starts?  Wouldn't that help that last
glass of draught go down easier?  Wouldn't the bar make money?  But
noooo.... you have to make the trek to Pizza Corner after the show
and have philosophical discussions with inebriated newsmen.

Jamesy C., call me when you start that bar, I'll buy into the
partnership.  We can sell Coke by the pitcher for less than $2 a
glass. (Remember when the Bird first opened and they were selling
Cott and RC for $1.50!)  Maybe we can even find a soundman who can
mix the vocals and bass up and the guitar feedback down.  And
someone who'll make us a decent website and spell all the artists'
names correctly.

Andrew