rome plows, etc.

Judging from this weekend's posts, this Rome Plows show rendered a few of
our usually eloquent Halifax corespondents dumb-struck...now that you've
slept on it, could you offer a bit more detail..."wow" and "like hearing
the voice of god" are intriguing descriptions, but I want more. Who's in
the band anyway? Thanks.

Totally unrelated, but kinda funny:
I missed most of CMW, since I had working and schooling to do, but the
highlight for me was Steve "Nazi Dog" Leckie's acceptance speech at the
Chart Magazine's showcase at the Horseshoe (where I work). Presented with
a framed cover of the CMW Top 50 Canadian blah blah blah issue, in which
Leckie's old band The Viletones were named, Leckie said, "I'm not a fan
of Canadian music, so this doesn't mean anything to me...", went on to
praise Suede and the Manic Street Preachers, described his new band as
"the best looking and the best players in town", and finished with, "I
know what the future of rock is and it certainly isn't anything you're
seeing on the stage of the Horseshoe tavern tonight. Thank you and fuck
you very much." People were actually throwing stuff at the poor old fool
by the end of it. Maybe you had to be there, but it was so fucking funny
in the midst of all the industry shmoozing of CMW to see this old
forgotten punk come out and act like Oasis. Steve Leckie - a legend in
his own mind.   - Chris