CMW 96

Hi there everyone, I'm sitting here in Toronto at the Chart booth at CMW
and I confiscated their Chart Attack demo to telnet to the freenet and
say howdy.

Leslie Furlong, formerly pf the aGazette and a Sloannetter is here, as
are the ediotrs and some writers, Liisa, Nada, Edward, Amber.  They say hi.

Anyway they want me to get off the computer soon so here is my mini report.

Mostly, I've seen five minutes at the end of peoples shows, like the last
song of Chickpea, Poledo, Eric's Trip (twice), Made, Monoxides, all of
which were quite good.  Note #1:  all these little bars have better sound
then the Birdland... Note #2"  It is really expensive to live  in
Toronto.  $2 for the subway!  Arg!

Grace Babies played at the El Mo on Thursday and did really well,
apparently, I was in a van with Madhat outside of Quebec City at the time
and missed them.  Apparently the sound sucked tho... rumour of hte week.
Grace Babies signed to RCA.  However, nobody at BMG Canada knows about
it, tho Amber says that the GB video was in the BMG corporate
presentation yesterday... who knows, stay tuned....

A lot of people have been asking me about Cool Blue Halo, who
unfortunatly didn't make it up for this.

Big buzz on Transistor from Winnipeg, Duotang, and Kinnie Star.
Especiall Ms. Star, who nobody knew about 2-3 weeks ago and apparently
already has a publishinh either signed, or in the works... I like
transistor, they were pretty good...

They imported especially cold weather for us, it feel like montreal in
January....

I'm gonna go now I want to run up to the Lee's palace show to see
Elevator to Hell, so more in about 24 hours...

W.

 Waye Mason             : "The shooting goes well.  I borrow a .357
                        : Magnum and fire a hot slug into the forehead
  aa551\!/ccn.cs.dal.ca   : of a life sized stuffed Barney.  This brings
  P.O. Box 36082        : peace upon me.
  Halifax, Nova Scotia  :
  B3J 3S9               : Kumbaya, motherfucker."