ottawa (bg,pt)/cornwall (pt,cp,hh)

ya, you all know the tour..

well, jeremy (hi jeremy! :) ) gave a pretty accurate account of what
happened at the pit on friday, with the broken girl/plumtree/ and 4 other
heavy hard/industrial rock bands show in ottawa.  the pit is a scary
place.  anyway, just to add my $0.02...

i was talkin' to most of plumtree when the first band started.  we then
just looked at each other in disbelief.  the genres of music are just
too different.  we were worried cuz julie was up right after them..

anyway, broken girl hit the stage, and it wasn't one of her best.. but
then, i've only seen her once before, and that was at the rivoli where
the crowd was totally silent (except for that key clangin' man).  she
seemed pretty frustrated at times.  i was so sad, and sooo mad at the
unkind people in the crowd.  i was also stupid enough to request a song, but
julie was *really* nice and played it -- the one about being pregnant w/
ben.  as jeremy said, she didn't mind the crowd.  now, the kitchener show
seemed to be kinda bad....

plumtree rocked, bopped, and smiled thru their set.  someone previously
said that katrina should smile more -- well, she was all smiles because
her family was there to cheer her on :)  altho, some of the
friends/family were kinda scary (right ottawa crew?).. anyway, their set
went pretty well :)  i love watching amanda play because she's just soo
happy; smilin' and boppin' away :)

yesterday (sunday) i had the chance to go to cornwall to see a really
neat-o show.  apologies again and again and again to the da costa
family!! :(

phraw line: saw part of their set.  sloan covers, thrush hermit cover,
originals.  pretty good.

hitchiked:  i didn't know what to expect, and they really surprised me
because they're GOOD!  i was really, really, impressed :)  for those of
you unfamiliar with hitchiked, they're from ottawa, comprised of tara (as
in thee tara da costa), jeremy, jil, and janet.  really good rockin'
happy kinda sound.  janet's got a really nice voice.  tara and janet's
voices blend really well.  i'm gonna be hitchiked's first groupie girl :)
they played a sloan cover, a pixies cover, an amps cover, and lots of
originals.  i *highly* recommend their t.v. show theme song :)

chickpea:  it was a different arrangement than usual - just christine and
colin, both on guitars.  and the stripped down duo sound worked really
well.  i'm glad i saw this before the usual rockin' line-up because i was
able to hear and appreciate the lyrics.  christine's voice kinda sorta
reminds me of cecil's from nerdy girl -- but different.  i can't wait to
see them live again, with the full line-up.  i also gotta get more money
into my wallet to buy a cd... they played originals, and two new songs.  oh,
and a sloan cover.

cove:  sorry, but i didn't like them.  vocals weren't appealing to my
ears, so i kinda tuned out for most of their set.

plumtree:  ya,ok, so i saw them *again*.  the sound was pretty good for
an art gallery (ya, the concert was at an art gallery! cool!).  lack of
mics had amanda singing lynette's parts.  i like their new song "scott
pilgrim" :)  again, really good show.  oh, all original songs and no sloan
covers. ;)  (the only thing close that they said they could do was amanda
doing the intro to 'karate man')

kudos and hero cookies to the murderscene/cornwall crew who put on this
show :)  too bad julie couldn't be there because it would've been a
perfect venue for her...

			...sizzle teen (never growin' up -- er, older)

p.s.  hey melissa -- i *know* how much you like matt murphy, so don't lie
on the radio!!! ;)

------
sizzle teen :)  cc501\!/torfree.net / nishitc\!/tc.gc.ca
"mystified, not stupified"