rec.music.white-power --> PLEASE READ (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 10:58:56 -0500 (EST)
From: s535290\!/aix1.uottawa.ca
To: Multiple recipients of <dear23\!/citadel.slumberland.com>
Subject: rec.music.white-power --> PLEASE READ (fwd)

Hi All,

I hate to get political and all, but we can't really afford complacency.
please take the time to read this...speak out when you can...
remember, we all have freedom of expression, but not when it involves
infringing on other people's basic rights...white power, aryan
resistance, whatever they want to call themselves this week, violate this
very premise....this is not a cheap SPAM. I just thought I should share
this with the list.

----------------begining of forwarded message------------------------
Hello,

I am writing to you on a matter that many people consider of great
importance. It concerns the initiation of a new Usenet group whose
purpose is simply put to best spread fear and a racist idealogy.
For those of you unfamiliar with the Usenet, it can best be likened to a
serious of bulletin boards all dealing with a different subject. When
someone sees a message about a particular topic on one of these bulletin
board they can put their own message up in response and so discuss or
spread information.

It has recently been brought to my attention that there is a motion out
to create a Usenet group (bulletin board) that will be used to spread the
notion of white power through music. I can't describe white power music
except to say that it is not for the music that people listen to it, it
is for the hateful rhetoric that it expounds. Furthermore, when you put
these lyrics that expressely incite violence toward minorities, to a
catchy beat the possible explosion is obvious. To create a Usenet group
there is a vote taken by a neutral party that is why I am writing to you
today, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOUR NO VOTE BE HEARD.

Don't think that there are no people who would listen to such trash in
your area. I periodically check the white-power newsgroups and have been
shocked to find people with on the same server as mine being active
and vocal participants.

I am sending along the original CFV (call for votes) as
well as a passage written by the noted Holocaust scholar and active
internaut Ken McVay that will explain the underhanded intent of the
people involved. Please pass it on to your friends and any other leads
you might know of.

All people should be shocked at the type of anger this is trying to stir in
the community with the aim of mocking and destroying the peace of
society. Please make yourself heard.

HOW TO VOTE:

1) DO NOT VOTE TWICE (that would constitute voting fraud).

2) send mail to music-vote\!/sub-rosa.com    that says either
  I vote YES on rec.music.white-power   or
  i vote NO on rec.music.white-power

if your mail reader doesn't have your real name please list it under your
vote line as
Voter name:

3) Vote counting is automated. Failure to follow these directions may
mean that your vote does not get counted. If you do not receive an
acknowledgement of your vote within three days contact the votetaker
about the problem. It is your responsibility to make sure your vote is
registered correctly.

If you would like more detailed information on why you should vote no,
check out  http://nizkor.almanac.bc.ca

Sincerely,
Adam Aptowitzer

*          UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY JEWISH STUDENTS ASSOCIATION          *
* Co-Presidents: Adam Aptowitzer        VP Events    : Karen Paul     *
*                Richard Jochelson      VP Publicity : Nicki Watts    *
*  Staff Advisor : Stephen Shapiro                                    *
*  email address : jewishst\!/acs.ucalgary.ca                           *
*  Phone Number  : 253-8600 (ask for Steven)                          *
*  or our number on campus: 220-7754                                  *
*                   COME VISIT OUR OFFICE AT MH 209G                  *
*    For more information type  'finger jewishst\!/acs.ucalgary.ca'     *
*      OR SEE OUR WEB PAGE  http://www.ucalgary.ca/~jewishst          *

    *     Jenn Kassie         *      o<    / o     \//
   *  jkassie\!/uoguelph.ca    *         o<  )       /\\
  * Guelph, Ontario, Canada *               ----\\-    \

----- End Included Message -----