birdland last night

hey everyone,

the third time's the charm. hooray! on my third time to halifax i finally
got to see SLOAN!!!! yay!! they were in fine form last night at the
birdland, opening for rebecca west and thrush hermit. i guess they gotta
start at the bottom again...

anyway, patrick is now playing chris' bass and has long hair and well,
not to be rude, but he looks rather girlish. chris on the other hand,
looks the same old same old. mop of hair in his face and skinny pants.
jay still has all those wicked moves but at times it looks like he's been
trying to steal some from joel plaskett. he's getting old, so i guess
it's only natural. andrew was hidden behind the drums.

although i was awfully glad i finally got to see sloan again, i was a bit
disappointed with the set list. i mean, i love penpals as much as the
next person, but four times in one night? they also played stood up and
snowsuit sound a few times.

there weren't a lot of people there, i guess sloan just doesn't draw as
big a crowd in halifax as they used to. or maybe it's because they
already headlined on wednesday and played friday night, too.

rebecca west were FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! pardon the profanity, but
they blew my mind. they are my favorite rock band in halifax, by far. if
i go on anymore, i will start to gush and fawn over them, so i better stop.

the hermit were good, they even played "this one's mine" from the nobody
famous cassette in their encore, but it was late and the crappy weather
was making me cold and tired. not as fun as the night before at cafe ole
when chris murphy skated into the mosh pit on milk crates. now *that's*
rock and roll...or something.

also it was nice to meet some other sloan net kids while i was here. :) :)

ok bye,
tara

:)

--
"It's a really hopeless feeling sometimes when you want to go home. You're
even further away, you're not even getting closer to home. You're travelling