Is anybody listening?

OK, too much serious discussion, time for a joke:

Michael Damian Catano <mcatano\!/is.dal.ca> said

}yes, you're right, you can't avoid politics by not paying attention to
}them, but that is precisely my point.  if enough people are acting or
}thinking thew same way it is politically important.  look at sloan net,
}for example.  the fact is, out of 200, only about 5 or 6 are actually
}contributing to this thread, and god knows how many are just hitting
}delete without reading anything.  the fact that you and i and a few
}others are contributing goes to show that we are not among the general
}majority who are not interested.

OK, I propose a poll.  I want all the people who are following this
thread to mail me, and those who aren't to also mail me.  I expect
of course to have 200 mail messages in my mailbox on Monday Morning.

}you've got to use the forces and channels that exist already in order to
}make any lasting change.  you've got to change things from the inside
}out, instea of trying to tear everything apart from the outside, because
}face it, if you can't get work from the inside, you'r never going to work
}at all.

But when it comes to making music, if you have any integrity you
have to release your work independently rather than sign a record
company contract.  Please explain this contradiction to me.

Andrew

PS this was all in jest, I don't want a poll, and I do want the
discussion to continue.  I don't understand it, but I enjoy it.