Re: sloanpolitik

I just realized something - what does it say about us that we look to
musicians, etc. to make political statements in the first place?  Is this
reflective of our inability to have the integrity to do so and to place
that responsibility on someone else as part of our idolization?  Why are
musicians so much more important that we expect this from them?  Sure,
they have more publicity and can reach more people, but it is ultimately
up to the individual to evaluate their statements and agree or disagree,
not to take them as the final word because the music is good.
personally, this makes me have more respect for any musician that does
not have an explicit political aim.