Re: fatmikeisanidiot

Date sent:      Thu, 29 Feb 1996 13:07:14 -0500
From:           ian.krykorka\!/utoronto.ca
To:             MATTHEW MCDONOUGH <019157M\!/axe.acadiau.ca>
Copies to:      jrcovey+sloan\!/ac.dal.ca
Subject:        Re: fatmikeisanidiot

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, MATTHEW MCDONOUGH wrote:

> wondering why the further you travel west on
> this continent, the shittier the bands are,
>                                                 M.M.M
> (there are exceptions of course, but
> in general.............)
>
>Are you nuts?  West coast music is better than anything Toronto has
>seen for years!  What do you call mystery machine, rose chronicles,
>ginger...there are a ton of others that escape me at this precise
>moment...wait, how about taste of joy?  i saw them just a little
>while ago and they were good.  I think you have it wrong.  Shitty
>bands are the exception when you go west.  Shitty bands are  now the
>norm in central Can.

>ian

I was just expressing my own taste. Personally, I don't feel my
argument was tarnished whatsoever by the mention of ginger and rose
chronicles. Ginger will never be what Grapes of Wrath were, rose
chronicles I find bland. But that's just my opinion. I said there
were exceptions and I believe Mystery Machine falls into that
category.
            M.M.M