Re: sloanpolitik

	Art, of any sort, should not be understood solely in terms of
cause and effect; the utilitairian attitude of asking what song has had
lasting political impact ignores the function of songs as expression and
communication, while expecting them to perform actions.  Words themselves
don't change things, they provide a medium for people to change things,
and a lasting record of what they were thinking and feeling.  Apathy is a
possible subject, although it reflects poorly on it's promoters.
						Lukas

                        -------- cyberletterhead--------