eric's trip "rumours"

Hi everyone...
(hi joel!)

Ok... I went to see Broken Girl and PlumTree last night in hamilton.

I'm not going to post long reviews on them, because I'll be repeating
stuff that other people on the list have already said.

Broken Girl:
------------
Yes, she was very nervous on stage, and very nice offstage.  She said her
album will be out early march.  Her set wasn't long enough. :)  Someone
was saying that she should sit down during her show... I agree.. I think
she would feel alot more comfortable.  There was about 40 people there,
and we were all sitting down... it seemed like she was the only one
standing up.

Eric's Trip Rumour: (straight from Julie)
-------------------
She said something along the lines of "if you like my other band, eric's
trip, then make sure you come and see us in Toronto in two weeks
because... well, because there are rumours."  So, I guess this is the
first kind of "confirmation" (in a roundabout sort of way) from an Eric's
Trip member that this is their last tour.

Plumtree:
---------
An extremely tight band... they sure have their stuff together.  The only
two other bands from the east coast that have the same tightness are
Eric's Trip and Thrush Hermit.  (and Sloan, but they're broken up, right?
<g>)
Anyway, they were very good, but I was kind of distracted by the 20
guys who walked in with "Hustler" shirts on half way through the set.
"Hey, look... there's girls on the stage!  heh heh m heh heh"
Does anyone know what "Hustler" might mean? (besides the magazine?)

well, that was longer than I meant it to be... sorry! :)

cheers,
joel

p.s. See you in T.O. in two weeks.. I'm not going to miss ET's last show
and add them to the list of "band's last shows that I missed".
(Including Nirvana and Sloan. <g>)

jhealy\!/freenet.hamilton.on.ca          "withdrawing in disgust
moon.socket\!/iface.gryn.org               is not the same thing
				                    as apathy."

                              | 'What's The Frequency, Kenneth?' -REM |
                              |    Richard Linklater in "Slacker"     |