Re: Is Sandbox disrespected?

On Sat, 17 Feb 1996, James Cooper wrote:
> yes, well sloan anyway, minimally it would seem, that is, it doesn't look
> as though gobs of cash has been thrown their way.

Define "gobs"...everything's relative I suppose, but I'd say Geffen threw
some gobs, in the beginning anyway.

> > see how James can justify dissing Sandbox for being "corporate-financed"
> i think james was dissing them because their coping an alterna rock pose
> ingenuinely, sandbox = bandwagon leaping.

accusations of bandwagon-leaping and corporate sell-out shouldn't be used
interchangably...not on this list anyhow. Hipsters shouldn't go around
branding artists as "corporate" like McCarthy branded people as
"communist", unless they're prepared to live in a very narrow little world.

sorry if I'm flogging a dead horse...

"rebel w/o a cause" is on a&e today. the best drunk guy with a toy
monkey scene in cinematic history. check it out.

-ct