Re: Is Sandbox disrespected?

On Thu, 15 Feb 1996, Claire Rillie wrote:

> I think sandbox are totally overrated, they just lucked into a decent
> recording and live, well, they suck.

Was it just me but was their first single `Curious' the biggest U2 ripoff
ever. The video reminded me of U2's video for `Even better than the real
thing'. Sandbox singer's voice was sung through some special effect like
Bono's voice for `The Fly'. And well the song `Curious' itself sounded
like any other three-chord U2 composition. Don't get me wrong, I like
U2,  but `Curious' was just a too blatant ripoff for me.

Mike