Re: Is Sandbox disrespected?

Shawn Stackhouse wrote:
> I haven't been following the threads but I heard someone cutting down
> Sandbox concerning the ECMAs.
> I've been enjoying their album, and they definately don't seem
> controversial, so what are people's problems w/ the band?

        Okay folks, we as Sloan Netters think we are doing a service
or whatever disscussing the East Coast music scene.  But it seems to
me that there is a certain elitist quality that has flourished in the
Murder/Cinnamon community by no fault of anyone (I think).  I have
noticed over the past months that bands such as Sandbox and Grace
Babies have been shunned constantly...now I don't know, I think their
music is cool and I know that not everyone is going to agree...and I
have no idea where this is leading but...I don't know I scence a
certain ideology (just finished writing a political studies midterm)
when people who are really into the scene talk about other bands in
the scene who are not "in the scene".  I hope somebody underdstands
what the hell I am talking about.
        Matt