no cases?

        Hello y'all, it is I, writing a review of the no cases which
I believe has not been done yet.  And with over twenty bands to write
about who could blame anyone from wanting to skip this long and semi
important topic.  Anyhoo, I will just write about the bands I enjoyed
(which were many) and the people I saw.

THURSDAY, FEB 8th

        Every single band rawked ass that night.  It all started with
FERMELLER from Riverview, N.B. who put on a wicked show.  Their hard
driving music was made impossibly catchy when they insert (some would
say stupid) little riffs which makes you smile and bash your
neighbour at the same time.  They were a great opener and great guys.
They deserve a really great mention.
        Coming up second was Sydney's EMILY 3 who replaced Mastadon
ridge at the last minute.  They were pretty cool and pretty loud, so
the kids liked them.
        Another Sydney band by the name of LAMER proved that they are
not what their name says they are.  This trio really sounded great
and and they converted a lot of new fans with their music.  I enjoyed
listening to them and hanging around them too.
        My band CHASE was next...uhh...Mellisa or Karen could comment
on us...I thought we did well though.
        The TRAITS from Moncton had the biggest mosh pit of the night
as their power punk style energized the audience of less than one
hundred people...there would have been more if the FUCKING SHOW HAD
BEEN ALL AGES>>>>>FUCK THE STUDENT UNION>>>>>>
       Sorry about that.  COYOTE came up after them and played a
great set...this is the first time I saw them and it was spectacular.
The sound system sucked but they went on rawking anyway...I love this
band...I wish their CD wasn't 9 dollars though Waye.--editor's note.
        Last but not least was REBBECA WEST who played great as usual
even though the vocals were slightly muffled.  They keep on getting
better and better each time I see them...it was really cool, and I
love the way Dale drums...MERGE LIVES!!!

FRIDAY, FEB 9th

        Friday really sucked for almost every band there...the
fucking bands FULL CIRCLE and RANDOM DOLMENS, both of cover band
nature each showed up late so our 9 band roster was put on hold for
an hour...by the way both these bands suck really hard so I won't
bother to comment.
        Thanx to FERMELLER the crowd didn't lynch us...they played
again even though they were not supposed to just because evertything
was so fucked up...these guys really kick ass!!!.
        SANISOFT palyed an amazing set (even if they don't agree with
that)...yes the sound system did suck but you could still groove to
their great music.  They have actually become a CIMN favourite and
they certainly won over some new fans over here...the addition of
a bass player gives them a really well rounded power trio feel...HOW
DID YOUR SHOW IN MONCTON GO BOB?
        SUPERVILLAIN came all the way from Moncton to join our party
and they really sounded great.  They kicked the crowd in the pants
and orchestrated the destruction of the barrier between the audience
and the stage...these guys are a really loud SOnic youth...very cool.
        CLEVELAND STEAMER were too loud and so I escaped to the
friendly confines of the "sound proof booth"...right...
        PLUMTREE looked a little uncomfortable onstage and didn't
have a great show.  Their new bass player looked really
nervous...still their songs were great so the music made up for it.
I still can't wait for their new CD, the radio station here got an
advance tape and it sounds really good...lets hear it in digital
compact disc form now.
        STRAWBERRY played three songs because of the time
limit...another fuck up...oh well, they played great stuff while it
lasted including a great song with SIX TOO rapping for them...oh man
it was a sight.
        The MONOXIDES headlined and basically destroyed the
stage...Ken apologized to us at the end on behalf of his drunk
bandmates.  The crowd loved it especially when our soundman Sean
(thank you so much for helping us this weekend) pulled the plug on
the PA system when they went overtime...they still kept on playing
for another ten minutes...out of sight!

SATURDAY, FEB 10th

        Everything went smoothly, AL TUCK and PAPER SOUL couldn't
play though so there was time to spare.
        VERTIGO opened, they were okay but they kinda clashed with
the rest of the music of the night.  Still, I dig their personel
style as they are early to bed and early to rise.
        From Sydney, BARBIE'S REVENGE fried the monitors to hell,
they were so crazy...mixing hip hop and and punk a la rage aboinst
the machine...they kicked ass and the drummer almost blew the whole
bass drum to hell...good luck in the future guys.
        POTATOEBUG played great...they were probably the heaviest
band the whole weekend as the drop D can attest...I love the fact
that they all sing (even the drummer) and they represented
Newfoundland really well...I will be looking out for these guys as I
think that things will happen for gthem, soon.  THeir showcase was
cool too.
        SIX TOO (thanx for the sound system man) gave true hip hop
lovers exactly what they needed.  His prerecorded music of sampled
jazz shit really went well with his amazing lyrical ability.  By the
way as MERCH BOY for the night helping out Karen MERCH GRRRLLL, SIX
TOO sold the most cassettes...yes PEI does like hip hop.
        SUPERCAR just rawked the joint next as the BARN really filled
up.  Seb Lippa, Chris Murphy, Al Tuck, Allison MacLEod, a dude from
Sandbox, and countless others were in attendance.  SUPERCAR did not
dissapoint...these guys are awesome and will be coming to your cd
player soon I assure you.
        COOL BLUE HALO sounded great.  I couldn't see them cuz of the
people that packed in to wathc them....SWEETIE SAID is a great
song...doh...I have to go to class...okay they really were great I
love them/
        ANd then to end it all off teh SUPERFRIENDZ...what else do I
have to say but WOW...they are unbeleibvalble.  I hope they come back
soon.  AN interesteoing version of 10 pounds was palyed and the crowd
was bouncing off the wall.

        Well that is it folks...so see ya later.
        Matt