Re: derivative

Date:          Sat, 10 Feb 1996 18:20:03 -0500 (EST)
From:          Joel Healy <jhealy\!/freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
Subject:       Re: derivative
To:            Joey Charron <charron\!/cnwl.igs.net>
Cc:            Beware Of Sloaners! <jrcovey+sloan\!/ac.dal.ca>

On Sat, 10 Feb 1996, Joey Charron wrote:

> also, did anyone else get *2* erics trip inserts
> or did i just get a lucky fluke?

Yes, I also got 2.  Anyone else?

 joel

- If you're talking about Purple Blue, I got four inserts.  Got one
signed by all members except Mark, who is easy too find anyway.  Also
got my Peter, Love Tara, and Elevator To Hell, Broken Girl, Eric's
Trip and Orange Glass singles signed.  All members except Mark Gaudet
were present and playing at a Sappy Records night at the Esquire, was it
Sat. Feb. 3?  I think so.
Broken Girl played a short set (among the songs I recognized were
dance music, laugh with me, and i don't remember what else).  Next
was a Moncton band called Supervillain, on Superbob records i do
believe.  After was Moonsocket, with Chris on guitar and Rick White
on drums.  It's neat watching Rick White play, he's all hunched over
the kit.  The final act was Orange Glass, which I only recently
started getting into.  I really liked their show.  I found that they
had a really good sense of dynamics, bringing the intensity down,
then up again at good moments.  The only song I remember distinctly
was Fate (see you dancing at the Kacho, won't be long now before you
know). So everyone was a Sappy artist except supervillain.
It never ceases to amaze me how nice and friendly the members of
Eric's Trip are to their fans.
Life is good.
"Fingers burn clean inside-out from the marrow to the skin
An explosion of sin.
Fire cleans
And leaves a different kind of mess.
Intangible. Like life."