Re: James' Report from ECMA's:

        Well, if "Twice Removed" wasn't nominated the year it came out,
that's NOT Sloan's fault, now is it ? I am fond of jale, the Hardship Post,
Rebecca West , and the Superfriends...but Sloan define the field; they do
not represent it. Twice Removed is not a good East Coast album, or a
Good-ish Canadian album; it is Pop music for the ages.  The fact that the
ECMA's have an alternative award at all is due to Sloan; It's kinda like
Bergmann's Juno Nomination, or Pacino for Scent of A Woman; Overall body of
work, past track record, prior oversight by nominating committee, CEMENTING
THE FORM OF EXPRESSION PERMANENTLEY, and so on,and so on.

        No disrespect to Jale, RW, SF, or THP; I know they'll get other
glories they deserve....but Sloan deserve it.

        Love,

        "Against The Grain",

        James.

        P.S. That Long-Ass Halifax Pop Explosion story is now at
http://www.idmagazine.org

        More ranting there.