Re: narduwar.

James might be overstating the case a bit here...I don't think Narduwuar
is really solely to blame for the bush league image of campus community
radio (which is not always an entirely bad thing) or for infantilized pop
culture...both of these things bug me too, but Narduwuar is certainly not
the worst offender. In fact, he has done some pretty cool stuff. The
compilation albums take off where the Og records "It came from Canada"
series left off, supporting the garage band scene that, like it or not,
will never die just multiply. As far as his gonzo interviews, some of
them are funny, some are embarrassing. I don't think they really have
much effect on other journalists or campus/community radio types, except
to make artists relieved that you're not like Narduwuar when you
interview them. Anyway, he's been
hard-working/arrogant/sly/lucky/self-promoting enough to get himself into
a good position. I'mnot going to begrudge him his success...
I do find him irritating...but isn't that the point?
				-Chris