Re: canadian artists goin global

I guess what I meant was...perhaps making it internationally would mean
all that more if people in your own country had some sort of appreciation
of what you were doing?  I'm just wondering if it's that important to us
to hear that bands from here--Newfoundland, Alberta, wherever--are doing
well outside the country, does it mean that we need those kinds of
opinions to validate what we already know?  Do musicians find it
necessary to go "outside" the country to get the recognition they want?
And if they do, why?

I wasn't talking money when I posted my first note and it's not like I
don't understand the financial "coolness" of making it "outside".

I don't even know what I'm talking about.		karma